ARMSTRONG SIDDELEY LYNX IVC SEVEN CYLINDER RADIAL ENGINE
The South African Air Force Selected the Avro Tutor training bi-plane to replace the Avro Avian IVM as the new basic trainer. The Avro Tutor was power by the Armstrong Siddeley Lynx IVc seven-cylinder radial engine. The first two Avro Tutor aircraft were purchased and a further 49 were built under licence by the Aircraft and Artillery Depot from 1935.
Avro Tutor These aircraft were first used prior to World War Two, at the Central Flying School at Zwartkop but they continued to render service throughout the war mainly with 62 Air School. Armstrong Siddeley Lynx IVc Seven-Cylinder Radial Engine.