WALTER MINOR 4-111 FOUR CYLINDER IN-LINE AIR COOLED ENGINE
Manufactured in Czechoslovakia (now known as the Czech Republic) by the Walter Company after World War Two, this piston engine powered the Aero Vodochody Aero 45 twin engine civil utility aircraft. It was the first product of the nation's post-war aviation industry and proved a great success with many of the 590 aircraft produced being exported. The engine on display still remains in its most unusual original hand-carry wooden cradle.
Manufacturer: Aero Vodochody
Top Speed: 270km/h
First Flight: 21 July 1947